16 Aug Seven Powerful Immune Boosting Nutrients
The body requires a number of vitamins and minerals for optimal health and a strong immune system. Clinical research has shown that vitamins A, C, D, E, iodine, selenium, and zinc serve a vital function in preventing infections and maintaining a strong and vital immune system.
Deficiencies in these nutrients, which are very common these days, increase your susceptibility to all forms of infection.
THESE 7 NUTRIENTS are found in beneficial amounts for powerful immune support in each 2-chew serving of HempMag SUPER IMMUNITY.
- Vitamin A– named the “anti-infective” vitamin for its vital role for a strong and healthy immune system. Recommended daily dose: 2,500-5,000 iu of retinyl palmitate or acetate is a good preventative, maintenance dose, but if you’re dealing with an acute infection, higher doses up to 25,000 iu per day can be taken short-term (1-2 weeks) to get your nutrient levels up to a more optimal level. Even higher doses between 100-200,000 iu can be used (for 1-3 days) to quickly increase body stores of the nutrient and provide a powerful boost to the immune system. Single doses of 200-400,000 iu have been given to malnourished children and adults to restore depleted levels, and are safe when used under the supervision of a qualified medical professional to correct an extreme deficiency. Best forms: retinyl palmitate, retinyl acetate, cod liver oil.
- Vitamin C– functions as a powerful, antioxidant nutrient that bolsters your body’s immune defenses, while also functioning as one of your body’s primary protective shields. More is needed when experiencing any form of physical, mental, or chemical stress. Recommended daily dose: 500-2,000 mg per day for daily prevention, healthy skin, and a strong immune system. Vitamin C is very safe and can be increased as desired, up to 10,000 mg per day (more can be taken via IV). Best forms: ascorbic acid, buffered mineral ascorbates (e.g. sodium, calcium, magnesium, zinc ascorbate), ascorbyl palmitate.
- Vitamin D– strengthens your immune defenses making your immune system more efficient and effective. Works best when taken with magnesium and boron, which are required for the utilization and conversion of vitamin D to its active form in the body. Approximately ¾ of the population is deficient in vitamin D. For optimal immune system function, a vitamin D level between 50-90 ng/mL is recommended. Recommended daily dose: 5,000-10,000 iu per day to achieve a blood level of 25-OH-D of 50-90 ng/mL for daily prevention, healthy skin, and a strong immune system. Best form: vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol).
- Vitamin E – is a potent antioxidant that protects the body’s tissues from oxidation, and works synergistically with selenium as an antioxidant and immune system nutrient. The need for vitamin E increases with high sugar and/or high fat diets, and physical, mental, or chemical stress. Vitamin E also protects against environmental pollution and heavy metal exposure. Recommended daily dose: 20-300 mg (30-400 iu) per day for daily prevention, healthy skin, and a strong immune system. Best forms: d-alpha tocopherol, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, d-alpha tocopheryl succinate.
- Magnesium – modulates the body’s immune response, reduces inflammation, and is necessary for the utilization of important immune system nutrients such as vitamin D to its active form in the body, and B-complex vitamins. Magnesium deficiency affects over 2/3 of our population. Excess refined sugar, chronic stress, alcohol, caffeine, and a number of medications deplete your body’s magnesium increasing your requirement for this essential mineral. Recommended daily dose: 200-800 mg per day for daily prevention, healthy skin, and a strong immune system. Best forms: magnesium glycinate, malate, taurinate (taurate), threonate.
- Selenium – has powerful antioxidant, antiviral properties and is absolutely vital for a strong immune system. A sufficient intake of selenium is important in maintaining healthy tissue levels of the body’s master antioxidant and detoxifying molecule, glutathione, which is also important for a strong immune system. Recommended dose: 100-200 mcg per day for daily prevention, healthy skin, and a strong immune system. Higher doses up to 400-800 mcg per day can be safely used for a short period to restore depleted levels. Best forms: high selenium yeast (organically bound selenium), selenium glycinate, selenomethionine.
- Zinc – is essential for vitamin A utilization, and a strong immune system. Along with vitamin A, it plays a strong role in preventing infections of the skin and mucous membranes lining the mouth, nose, throat, lungs, and gastrointestinal system. Zinc also plays a strong role in our antioxidant defense systems with its integral role in the antioxidant enzyme copper-zinc superoxide dismutase (CuZnSOD), a ubiquitously expressed enzyme that plays a role in scavenging superoxide radicals. Recommended dose: 10-30 mg per day for daily prevention, healthy skin, and a strong immune system. Best forms: zinc glycinate (bisglycinate), monomethionine, citrate.
We view this as a sacred mission to serve the world with products that strengthen and provide nutritional support at the deepest level. Based in irrefutable science and grounded in nature — our products embody the values of our company — with unsurpassed quality, safety and effectiveness. Designed to provide our customers with profound nourishment while promoting a greater sense of vitality and well-being.